Easy-to-Digest White Bean & Ham Soup
You can use the Sugar Kelp Bean Buster™ to make beans more digestible! Here's how to bust the gas out of your beans and make a delicious White Bean & Ham Soup.
White Bean and Ham Soup Recipe
- 2 ½ cup dried white beans (great northern)
- 8 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar Kelp Bean Buster
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 lb. ham steak diced
- Bay Leaf
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- Pepper and salt to taste
- Green onions, chopped (optional)
- Hot sauce (optional)
1. Sort through beans. Discard any discolored or shriveled beans and debris.
2. Place beans and water in a large pot and bring to a boil. Add Sugar Kelp Bean Buster and boil gently over medium-high heat for an hour.
3. Drain and rinse beans thoroughly, ensuring all Sugar Kelp Bean Buster is rinsed off the beans.
4. Add rinsed beans, stock, ham, bay leaf, thyme, garlic powder, pepper and salt to a heavy bottom pot and bring to a gentle boil. Allow to boil for 30 minutes, then reduce heat to low and simmer for another 30 minutes to an hour. Adjust seasonings to taste.
5. Serve with green onions, hot sauce and crusty bread if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Shelby Hatcher